Wow you guys. I have been a horrible blogger. Never even posted the second half of our big vacation! Well, that will have to wait a bit longer, because right now I am at work waiting for queries to run and reports to download, and need to do something that won't add additional strain to my CPU: blogging!
I have a LOT of things in progress and just itching to get started at home. Big and small, crafty and home-improvement-y, take a look:
Things I am currently actually in the middle of and plan to finish in the near future:
- Crocheted shoes (which I made into boots) at the request of Mindy for Norah - just need to add buttons! Think Paul will be willing to stop by JoAnn Fabrics on our way home this afternoon?
UPDATE: I finished Norah's boots! See for yourself:
- Hang already-framed pictures in the living room
Projects I have mostly prepped for and am hoping to actually do in the not-too-distant future, like maybe during a few of my days off around Christmas:
- Painting the vanity in the 2nd bathroom to cover up the hideous white-streaked-with-gold fake marble laimate
- Painting the ceiling (blue) and walls (green) of the 2nd bedroom/future nursery
- Painting the bookcase and side table that live in the 2nd bedroom
- Using leftover paint samples to paint the canvas for some cheap coordinating art for the 2nd bedroom
- Re-pot some houseplants that are in sore need of it and find a new spot for the peace lily, which is looking sad and hasn't bloomed in ages
- Make some cool canned things to give away as Christmas presents
- Bake various cookies (same purpose as previous bullet)
- Get started on that knit onesie pattern I bought on Etsy
Other things I want to do soon, like before the holidays:
- Decorate inside and out for the holidays
- Purchase a living tree to be our Christmas tree for this and the next few years, until it gets too big. This project also includes finding/creating an appropriately decorative pot for the tree to live in. Maybe something big and square that I could cover to look like a Christmas present, so my tree would look like it is sitting on top of the biggest present under it? That would be cool.
Other projects I have in mind but probably won't get to until next year (hopefully early next year!):
- Make a tufted upholstered headboard for the 2nd bedroom
- Re-upholster the diningroom chairs
- Attempt the more-complicated re-upholstering of the awesome retro chair we got from Poppy. It is currently covered with dark orange plasticy fake leather that is cracked and old-looking. The color is actually perfect, but I want to go with something new and maybe slightly more modern-looking.
- Finally sort through and get rid of a lot of the old junk in our basement to make way for inevitable future accumulation
What about you? What non-every-day things are on your actual and hopeful to-do lists?
Post a Comment