But speaking of Christmas pictures, for Christmas cards next year? I am so looking forward to setting up something fun and silly and snapping a bunch of pics to DIY our own photo cards (and for a much cooler keep-sake than the Santa picture). I'm thinking Baby Girl in nothing but a red diaper and santa hat, playing with a string of white Christmas lights, with some neutral fabric in the background and maybe a couple other non-breakable accessories. Or! Maybe a big pot fashioned to look like a mug, and stick her in there along with a few bags of big marshmallows like she's bathing in hot chocolate! Can a 10-month-old munch on marshmallows (with adult supervision)?
Anyhoo, that's all to come a year from now. This year, I have a huge to-do list of a different sort: this is the last time I'll have multiple days off of work in a row before D Day, so in addition to all the usual Christmas stuff, there's a TON of baby-related stuff I really want to get done between now and January 2nd! And I am SO GLAD I saved up my vacation days so I could have off for 13 days in a row, starting this Wednesday, December 21st! Here's what's on the ol' list:
Monday 12/19 Evening:
- Coat of paint on the dresser
- Lots of laundry, including all the old clothes I plan to make into cloth diapers & cover
Tuesday 12/20 Evening:
- More laundry (see above)
- Clean up & decorate Dining Room table
- Finish decorating tree (just need to hang ornaments)
- Vacuum/sweep/dust once all decorating is done
- Tidy/reorganize 2nd bedroom in prep for more storage needs
- Clear out office except for small desk, computer, & printer
- All extra non-baby stuff from 2nd bedroom & office goes to the basement
- Finish up anything still pending from above (more laundry? fold laundry?)
- Wrapping & other prep for Christmas gifts (this is 5 bullets on my personal list, but I don't want to give anything away!
- Shop for any necessary supplies for baking Christmas cookies tomorrow
- Bake Christmas cookies with Hannah!
- Two more Christmas gift prep items
Christmas Eve 12/24:
- Askey Family Christmas!
- Cooking in the morning?
Christmas Day 12/25:
- Killian Family Christmas!
- More knitting
- Lebanon Christmas Brunch & Pregnant Cousins Pow-Wow!
- More knitting!! (I really need to knit every day to get anywhere near all my knitting done, so just assume this bullet is included in all future days!)
- PREP Christmas Dinner!
- Paint the
- Sewing Day - hem curtains, make cloth diapers & diaper covers
- Finish painting nursery (trim, wall stripes?)
- More of whatever still needs to be done (painting? sewing?)
- Finish painting dresser & bookcases in basement
- More finishing what still needs to be done from previous days
- Freak out because it's 2012 already, and because I'm going to have a BABY this year
- Start un-decorating
- More sewing? Start to assemble the nursery?
- Finish un-decorating
- Get house tidy & ready for organized storage of baby stuff
If I can come reasonably close to actually following this list, I will be feeling LOADS better about the prospect of bringing a baby home to our house in (less than?) 2 months. WAY, way better.
Ambitious, but totally do-able :) I hope you have fun with baby prep!! (and spend a little time relaxing during your vaca too :) )ReplyDelete